We’ve now discussed three of the five marketing fortes and how you can work on them during this quarantine. You’ve learned about Pitch, Present, and Publish. Now it’s time for Profile.
Is your personal brand conspicuous, visible, and easily identified, both on-line and in traditional media? Do you take your ideas, your vision, and your cause “above the noise?” Do people identify “collaborative divorce” with you and your brand? Are you the voice and face of collaborative divorce in your community? If not, why not?
You can’t raise awareness of and interest in the collaborative choice without being visible and conspicuous. This means ensuring that your personal brand reflects both who you are and what your mission and vision are.
Improve Your Profile
So how can you improve your profile during lockdown? Yes, I have discrete tasks for you to focus on for this forte, as well:
- Among other things, be active on social media. Solicit and post written and video testimonials of satisfied clients on your website, on your practice group’s website, and on YouTube.
- Create personal and firm profiles on all social media platforms that make sense to you, like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, AVVO, Google +, Pinterest, Slide Share, and Blogger. Learn to use each platform. Respond to all comments on your own posts. Respond to or at least like other collaborative or related posts.
- Post about your articles, blogs, and other publications. Post about your presentations beforehand to advertise the availability of seats, and afterwards to share the success of the program and your availability to present elsewhere. Don’t forget to post your presentation testimonials.
- Update your website and your brochure to reflect your publications and presentations, if necessary.
- Prepare and post one- to two-minute long YouTube videos. Reuse the material that you already created in your publications and presentations. (Always dual/triple purpose your material.) You can use your cell phone or computer to record them if you have a good camera. You can purchase a Ring Light on Amazon that will cast an even light on your face. Also, most apps have an “Enhance Portrait Setting” that will help. And repost those videos on your website, as well.
- Send out press releases and appear on radio and television. Seek out news that you can comment on. Call local professionals who have radio or television shows, and offer to be their guest. Most media are hungry for content and welcome experts in any field to help them fill airtime. Once you’ve begun to publish, you are that expert. Follow up on your press releases with radio and television marketing personnel.
So much of the world is on pause right now, but not everyone is. There are still people who need our services, even when the economy is in a tailspin. Your conversion rate may be negatively impacted, maybe even heavily for the short-term. But get ready for the long-term. The economy will come roaring back and so will your clients. So build it; they will come.