How are your marketing endeavors going now, while you’re still on lockdown? Now is the perfect time to double-down on your efforts. We’ve already discussed Pitch and Publish, so let’s take a look now at how you cultivate the next logical step in your campaign, the Present forte.
Are you invited to speak at trainings, seminars, and workshops, at events, on podcasts, and on radio shows? Are you asked to interview on TV? Do people seek you out to because of your credibility and your ability to connect with a crowd? Coherence is your ability to communicate your vision persuasively, to “spread the word” to more than one person at a time. And, even during quarantine, there are amazing virtual options so that you can begin, or continue, to present often and, now, in a new way.
Presenting During Quarantine
To hone this forte, focus on the following during quarantine:
- To begin, create or borrow a PowerPoint that explains the collaborative divorce process; other collaborative professionals who are also committed to marketing the value of this service are always happy to share theirs. Call me; I will!
- Prepare additional PowerPoints from articles and blogs you’ve already written. As you do, notice how your pitch permeates everything you create now, lacing all of your presentations with your passion for collaborative practice. Create a library of 10 or 20 60-minute PowerPoints that you can present at the drop of a hat when you get that unexpected request to fill in for someone.
- Contact local organizations to which you may (or may not) belong, whether social, cultural, political, professional, religious, or otherwise, and arrange to present on collaborative divorce or any of your other related topics there, when the lockdown ends. I’ve spoken, for example, about grandparents’ rights (which barely exist in Florida) at our local retirement villages, explaining how the collaborative approach can ensure that grandparents do have the right to enjoy their grandchildren. I tell stories of my typical traditional divorces, which not only guaranteed they did not, but also that grandparents just like those in my audience ended up “donating” their retirement funds to subsidize their children’s litigated divorces.
- Prepare a presentation folder that includes your one-page profile, your brochure, your business card (my folder has my card printed on the inside flap), and examples of your publications, whether you authored them, or they were written about you, etc.
- Update your website, your resume, and your brochure to reflect your presentations, if necessary. Obtain testimonials about your presentations to post on social media.
You can’t raise awareness of who you are and increase interest in your services without communicating your vision to more than one person at a time. You will only reach that tipping point of raising awareness and interest in your community if you present powerfully and coherently.
Email me at Joryn@OpenPalmLaw.com, and let’s discuss how my marketing tools and webinars can help you learn how to effectively market during lockdown so that you are ready to leap into the future when the lockdown ends!